Cafe Clerk (Full Time + Benefits)
Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Will Do:
- Provide excellent customer service and assist customers in making a selection.
- Determine customers’ needs and prepare their selected food items.
- Make suggestions to up-sell products to the customer.
- Process transactions in a quick and efficient manner.
- Keep display cases, counter, salad bar, soup bar, and outside display cases clean and presentable throughout the day.
- Check proper temperature of food to maintain food safety standards.
- Make sure food, utensils, and supplies are stocked.
- Assist in opening and closing duties: build or break down the display cases, properly secure product, and return them to the proper storage space.
- All other duties as assigned by Manager.
What You Will Bring:
- Maintain Food Handler's Certification.
- Previous experience working in customer service for cafe / restaurant setting.
- Good understanding of food production.
- Good communication skills and work ethic.
What We Offer:
- Based on your experience ($15 - $17 per hour)
- We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with match for full time employees, and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all employees.
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.