Produce Chop Clerk (Part Time)
Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Will Do:
- Prepping vegetables: washing, chopping, and safely storing prepped items.
- Uphold organic standards and health expectations for produce.
- Clean and sanitize work station and glass bottles for juices, tonics, and milks.
- Frequent knife handling to prep produce.
- Follow established departmental procedures for receiving merchandise including inspecting the product when delivered, pricing the product and restocking cases to insure freshness and quality, accuracy and product rotation.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
What You Will Bring:
- 1 year of experience in food prep or prep cook experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
What We Offer:
- Based on your experience ($16 - $18 per hour).
- We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with match, and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all full time employees.
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.